Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fighting with W32.Downadup.B

today i spend almost all of my office hour to clean up virus that infected my office.
symantec antivirus corporate edition reported that the virus is W32.Downadup.B

i try to update my virus definition to the very last updated & scan my computer again. but it fail to quarantine / repair / delete the infected files.

i try with AVG free v8, same results. i'm getting threats detected warning, but when i choose "Remove Threats" or "Move to Vault", i still get same warning, again and again.

i've try to follow the steps described in this page, but it was not working.
even the removal tool that symantec provided can't find the virus.

for complete explanation u can read the report from symantec

so far (14 jan 09) they havent develop the anti virus for this W32.
(damn...my english is a mess....haha)



1 comment: